Friends of the Earth has analysed how different local authority areas across England and Wales are taking action to cut greenhouse gases. They have also compared local authority areas with other similar local authority areas. For full details click on this link.
Here is the summary of targets for the Derby area:
- Cease supporting or promoting new high carbon infrastructure, such as roads or airports
- Annual emissions reductions – 13%
- Homes to insulate per year – 6,978
- Number of eco-heating systems, such as heat pumps, to fit each year – 3,841
- Proportion of commuters walking, cycling or using public transport by 2030 – 60%
- Increase lift-sharing – major employers should aim to have 40% of their staff who travel to work by car doing so by lift-sharing
- Electric vehicle charging stations by 2030 – at least 119 stations
- Renewable energy – at least 37MW
- Trees – Aim for 20% tree cover
- Household waste reuse, recycling and composting by 2025 – 70% (on path to reach zero waste as soon as possible)
- Divestment – zero investment in fossil fuel companies as soon as possible.